25 seconds ago
It’s been a long time coming, but Microsoft has delivered on the promise of giving Xbox One owners the ability to utilize mouse and keyboard controls for a variety of games on the home console. It’s been a controversial decision — due to the way the keyboard and mouse offer more precision than a controller — but the option is there nonetheless.
Over on the Major Nelson blog, there’s an announcement that the keyboard and mouse support is now enabled for the Xbox One. You can use the keyboard to type and carry out commands or use the mouse to navigate through menus or play games.
The keyboard and mouse support was added in the November update for the Xbox One, and the option can be enabled for use by the developers for certain games. Now keep in mind that just because Microsoft allows you to play with the devices as your preferred control scheme doesn’t mean that every game will allow you to use them.
Developers will have to enable that feature, and I imagine only certain developers will enable keyboard and mouse support in certain games. Players have complained in the past that allowing people to play with a keyboard and mouse in competitive multiplayer games could give them a deeply unfair advantage.
Additionally, Epic has set it up where you can choose to turn on matchmaking that only puts players with keyboard and mouses against other players using keyboards and mouses. This keeps things fair, for the most part. Obviously, not every keyboard and mouse are made equal, though, and some players with a high DPI gaming mouse will likely still have an advantage over anyone using a basic peripheral setup.
Other games that are supporting the new device options for the Xbox One include Digital Extreme’s Warframe via a custom update, along with the Warhammer-themed cooperative game Vermintide 2 from Fatshark Games. The competitive flight sim War Thunder also made the feature available. Other games will be adapting the option as well, including Children of Morta, Moonlighter, Warface, and Bohemia Interactive’s zombie-survival simulator, DayZ.
Microsoft has also teamed up with Razer for a specifically designed Xbox-compatible keyboard and mouse combo that gamers will be able to use both with the Xbox One and Windows 10 operating systems. It also comes with a specific Xbox key for console-oriented functionality, and a dynamic lighting setup that players can control.
I’m curious if 343 Industries will enable keyboard and mouse controls for the Halo games on the Xbox One? Or if The Coalition will make games like Gears of War 4 compatible with the devices? I could definitely see the options becoming disruptive within the Xbox One multiplayer ecosystem if either developer decided to embrace PC-style gaming controls. However, if you were itching to play your Xbox games with a keyboard and mouse, you can do so right now.
- Muvi launches Streaming App for Xbox
- Preview: ‘Code Vein’ adds flexibility to ‘Dark Souls’ formula
- Paper Mill Island adds two concerts to their summer series
- Michigan Tech to add varsity esports program
- Apple debuts new privacy features in iOS 13
- Apple introduces new features in iOS 13
- Everything Bethesda announced at E3 2019
- Apple announces iOS 13 at WWDC 2019
- Sea of Thieves 2.0 Patch Notes: Anniversary Update Brings Tall Tales, Arena, Hunter’s Call and More
- Sounds of Buffalo: The Spin Wires
- ‘Minecraft’ Village and Pillage Update 1.14 Brings New Smithing Table, Blast Furnace Upgrades, Bamboo and More
- For the Black Keys, Rock Lives. It Just Had to Wait
- Hitbox Retrospective: Mass Effect 2
- Epic Games buys Rocket League developers Psyonix
- Tennessee tax free weekend is near, here are 7 things to know
- Tennessee Tax free weekend: 7 things to know for back to school
- 26 things you shouldn't own if you have cats or dogs
- Lenovo convertible laptop combines strong features, good price
- Apple WWDC review: Everything that was announced
- Apple reportedly ending iTunes
Xbox One Adds Mouse And Keyboard Support have 688 words, post on www.cinemablend.com at November 24, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.