Nguyen Quang Thieu, poet My father died of lung cancer in 2008. In his twilight years, he was confined to a cushioned chair, as he could not breathe while lying on a bed. Since he was living in the countryside, my siblings and I could only take care of him during the weekends, as we all had jobs in faraway places. During the time that I spent with him, I started to notice more carefully the behavior of our family dog, Lu, who my Dad had raised since he was young. Lu often walked outside the porch or around the neighborhood during the day. But ever since my Dad became bedridden, he stayed with him the whole time, lying next to his chair. I think Lu hasn’t slept at all during that time. Dad’s terminal cancer forced him to take painkillers once every two or three hours. Every time he moaned in pain or wanted to get up, Lu immediately stood up and sat by his side. I often timed my phone alarm to wake my Dad up once every 1.5 hours to help him take his medications or go to the bathroom. But on days when fatigue hit hard and… Read full this story
- Family, Police Desperately Searching for CDC Employee Who Vanished Without a Trace
- Family and their dog get stranded out at sea in their car
- Does the Royal Family Have a Secret Handshake: a Thomas Markle Hunch
- Review: The indestructible humanity of A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World
- Family-friendly robot firm set to close
- Dog Racing Died Without A Funeral
- Senior House Democrat calls Purple Heart vet's closed door impeachment testimony 'extremely disturbing' as Donald Trump blasts witness as 'Never Trumper' and allies accuse Ukrainian language speaker of dual loyalty and 'espionage'
- Kerala Auto Rickshaw driver saves family from a drowning car
- Lords 9 Commons 2: Theresa May suffers yet another Brexit blow
- Castle Rock and Sharp Objects are the same show with different skins
Why our dog was a close family member have 343 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 27, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.