The highlight of Vietnam Web Summit 2018, the largest annual web and internet festival in Vietnam, is expected to be the presentations by experts on the application of new technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, Big Data and virtual reality, to various fields.
A speaker gives a presentation on the tech-talk app at Vietnam Web Summit 2017
Several leading technology groups in Vietnam such as FPT, KMS Technology, Zalo Business and Appota will attend the event, providing updates on new technology trends. Besides this, a host of speakers will focus on presenting opportunities for business development with the application of new technologies.
Vietnam Web Summit 2018 will feature hot topics in the technology sector, related to blockchain, cloud computing, cyber security, product management and digital marketing.
This year’s event, organized by TopDev in support of the Vietnam E-commerce Association, will become a convergent point for the world’s large technology corporations, such as Google, Nielsen and Infinity Blockchain Labs. Experts from these corporations will discuss in-depth topics on technical aspects and ecommerce, as well as new updates, trends and predictions on the internet industry in Vietnam.
Local tech enterprises, including FPT, Viettel and VNG, have researched and launched multiple solutions and ideas for applying AI to manufacture products for daily activities over the past few years. In addition, many startups are stepping into the technology market and turning out useful products, such as EyeQ and Cinamon AI labs. This seems to be a signal for a boom in technology growth in Vietnam in the years to come.
Vietnam Web Summit 2018, which will be held at Grand Palace in HCMC’s Tan Binh District on December 6 and at Forevermark Convention Center in Hanoi City’s Tay Ho District on December 13, will attract over 10,000 visitors, some 500 enterprises and 100 leading experts.
- Cái Mép International Terminal uses blockchain technology
- Cai Mep International Terminal uses blockchain technology
- North Korea's Kim leaves Vietnam after summit breakdown
- Exclusive: Ant Financial takes stake in Vietnam's eMonkey: sources
- ETMGS 2018: Dinosaurs will bite the dust in fight with disruptors
- Workers more likely to trust AI over their managers, says survey
- Blockchain given vote of confidence
- ABA, Blockchain and the quest for growth and integration in Africa
- Exploring Digital Technology – from AI and Medicine to 3D Printing and More
- Vietnam takes action in GHG reduction