The country saw an increase of 250,000 foreign tourists in 1990 to 12.9 million people in 2017. In 2000, the total revenue from the tourism sector was VND 17,400 billion (US$745 million) and VND 510,000 billion (US$21 billion) in 2017, up to 30 times after 17 years.
The remarkable growth came as a result of advertising programs for promoting tourism in the country. The Ministry also affirmed the Politburo Resolution No.08, issued in January 2017, on developing tourism into a spearhead economic sector by 2020, developing tourism in a sustainable manner, conserving and promoting cultural heritages and fine values of the nation, protecting the environment and nature, and maintaining defense, security and social order and safety.
The Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism has asked relevant agencies, departments, and local authorities to strengthen the inspection of operation of travel companies, and increase fines for illegal travel agencies.
By ANH PHUONG – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Jim Renacci doubles down on dredging up Sherrod Brown's 30-year-old divorce
- Donald Trump’s Desire to ‘Get the Hell Out’ of Afghanistan Amid Taliban Gains Could Lead to Catastrophe
- Sotherly Hotels Inc. Reports Financial Results for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2018
- Timberland Bancorp Fiscal Year Net Income Increases 18% to $16.72 Million
- RF Industries Reports Sales Growth of 77% in Q3 and 111% in First Nine Months of Fiscal 2018 Year-over-Year
- Tourism boom caused Branson extended-stay motels occupancy hike
Vietnam gains notable tourism achievements after 30 years of Doi Moi have 221 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at November 24, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.