Speaking at the inauguration ceremony, Governor of Ratanakiri Thon Savun expressed his deep gratitude towards the Party, State and people of Vietnam, together with Vietnamese volunteer soldiers who sacrificed themselves to help Cambodian people to defeat the Pol Pot genocidal regime.
For his part, Vietnamese Military Attaché Colonel Nguyen Anh Dung stressed that the inauguration of the Vietnam-Cambodia Friendship Monument shows the traditional friendship and solidarity between the two countries and nations; and paid tribute to people who sacrificed their lives for independence and freedom of both countries.
By HUY QUOC – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Vietnam promoted to Davis Cup’s Group II
- Football for Friendship 2018 kick-starts in Vietnam
- Vietnam U23 in No.1 seed group for AFC
- Vietnam’s top legislator meets with Thai Prime Minister
- Vietnam sponsors building of Cambodia’s Kompong Speu provincial Radio
- Southeast Asia karate champs opens in Bac Ninh province
- Construction begins on Chinese-funded stadium in Cambodia
- Vietnam secure second win at Davis Cup
- Vietnam beat Malaysia in Davis Cup
- Fifty years since the Socceroos triumphed in war-torn Vietnam