Vietnam witnesses a boom in social media users. Photo: Internet
The center functions as a tool analyzing and classifying news to filter false information, Minister Nguyen Manh Hung said at an interpellation on Wednesday at the National Assembly’s ongoing plenum.
Hung attributed the necessity of tightening online information to the booming of interconnected technology that enables people to interact online more often.
The center was set up following Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s request, according to local media.
For better cyberspace, the prime minister has asked competent agencies to build a code of conducts on the Internet for both telecommunications service providers and social network users.
Accordingly, local agencies are asked to work with Facebook and Google to remove false information and those going against the party and state’s governance.
In March 2018, the government issued Decree 27/2018 to supplement the decree released in 2013 on providing telecommunications services and using social networks for better management.
Under the decree the social networks need to remove false information within three hours after they themselves recognized the misinformation or the ministry’s request.
Minister Hung also informed that at the prime minister’s request, the MIC has asked local telecommunications service providers like VNPT, Viettel, MobiFone, Gmobile, and Vietnamobile to update subscribers’ personal information for better management in telecommunications sector and spam prevention.
He affirmed the possibility of spam prevention, saying that comprehensive personal database will help. A well-made database will help solve spams and improve e-government, he noted.
- CP Kelco Announces Plans to Build New Innovation Center in Atlanta
- Addressing SF’s anticipated shelter service gaps with Safe Organized Spaces
- OUTMemphis Starts Building New Youth Center
- University unveils plans to build a student center
- St. Louis Park to start building $12M interpretive center
- Masons not ready to sell downtown building for judicial center
- Plastic surgery center opens new space
- Facebook poised to build another data center in Altoona
- Sherburne County offers for incentive to Google to build Minnesota data center
- The Black Cat: The Metaphor Club engenders a safe communal space