Illustrative image (Source: VNA) Thua Thien-Hue (VNA) – Thua Thien-Hue has pushed investors to consider six solar power projects, a sector for which the central province is offering special investment incentives with a view to boosting green growth. Last October, a 35MW solar power factory was inaugurated in Thua Thien-Hue. Invested with nearly 1 trillion VND (42.8 million USD), the plant of the Gia Lai Electricity JSC – a subsidiary of Thanh Thanh Cong Group – covers 45ha in My Hoa hamlet of Dien Loc commune, Phong Dien district. Thanh Thanh Cong Group said the plant’s electricity output approximates the yearly consumption of some 32,630 households in Vietnam, and it is hoped to reduce some 20,503 tonnes in CO2 emissions each year. Apart from this project, the province has installed solar power systems with capacity of 1.5kWh each on two fishing boats in Phu Vang district, helping these vehicles save 20 litres of oil each day. It has built an electricity generating system using solar energy with a capacity of 8,200 Watt peak (Wp) on Son Cha Island, and another with 4,000Wp in capacity at the Hong Thai border guard check post in A Luoi district. Solar lamps replacing… Read full this story
- Wind and solar power plants in Sahara could turn desert green
- Which Greek island is to be run exclusively on wind and solar power?
- Eesti Energia constructing 7 MW of solar power stations in next year
- Turkey’s Akfen set to build 13 wind and solar power plants worth $530 million
- The solar-powered tiny houseboat that can be all yours for $61,000
- More solar power in the Netherlands but networks may be unable to cope
- Four solar power permits approved by County Board
- Ogle County follows DeKalb's lead with moratorium on new solar energy projects
- Hearing officer recommends approval for two more solar energy projects
- Ukraine households seeing solar power boom
Thua Thien-Hue works to boost green growth via solar power projects have 315 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 2, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.