Bangkok (NNT/VNA) – Thai Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha has advocated the development of smart cities, in order to foster international connectivity.
Gen. Prayut made the point while chairing this year’s first meeting of the government committee on investment mobilization and coordination. He noted that smart city development was a recurring theme at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting in Papua New Guinea, and at the ASEAN Summit in Singapore, both of which he attended during the past week.
According to the premier, smart city development in Bangkok, Phuket and Chonburi has attracted investment interest from several countries. He called on all related agencies to submit progress reports and expedite connectivity with smart cities in other countries.
Gen. Prayut also announced that smart cities will feature prominently at the next ASEAN Summit in Thailand. – NNT/VNA
- Social News 31/8
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc attends plenum of 34th ASEAN Summit
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 22/3
- East Asia Summit promotes dialogue mechanism
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 25/3
- PM Phuc attends plenum of 34th ASEAN Summit
- Government News 3/8
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 19/11
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc presents first prize at Vietnamese Talent Awards 2017