Tanjong Pagar Terminal of Singapore (Photo: AFP/VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Singapore and China on November 14 pledged to work together to promote bilateral ties and the latter’s relations with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). The commitment was made during a meeting between Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and Singaporean President Halimah Yacob. Li said China is willing to work with Singapore to enhance bilateral relations. This year marks the 15th anniversary of the China-ASEAN strategic partnership. He said his country always views ASEAN as a priority in its foreign relations, and appreciates Singapore’s role in promoting China-ASEAN relations as the China-ASEAN country coordinator and the bloc’s rotating chair. The Premier added China is willing to work with Singapore to promote China-ASEAN connections and contribute to the peace and development of the region and the world. For her part, President Yacob said the more than 10 cooperation deals signed during Premier Li’s visit will provide a new platform for deepening Singapore-China cooperation and lift bilateral relations to a new level. She also expressed hope that the two countries expand cooperation areas and step up people-to-people exchanges in culture and tourism. She added Singapore is ready to coordinate with China to… Read full this story
- Singapore a Bright Spot for China Relations in ASEAN
- ASEAN, China's friendship organisations hold video meeting on COVID-19
- Hong Kong: Taiwan offers help amid anti-China protests
- Sebi seeks alerts on changes in ‘beneficial ownership’ of FPIs with China links
- Peace on Line of Actual Control can help solve India-China border issue: Army chief
- New antibody kits may have a China link, too
- YouTube says China-linked comment deletions weren’t caused by outside parties
- Trump offers to help India and China as border dispute 'rages'
- China's economic recovery set to benefit ASEAN countries
- Speech by H.E. Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China, at Special ASEAN Plus Three Summit on COVID-19
Singapore vow to help strengthen ASEAN-China links have 335 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 14, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.