PM Mahathir made the remarks while witnessing the signing of a contract between Ri-Yaz Hotels and Resorts and the Alphanam Group in Kedah, Malaysia, on November 25.
Under the terms of the contract, Ri-Yaz Hotels and Resorts will manage Altara Suites and Altara Residences, the luxury hotel and apartment brand of the Alphanam Group in Vietnam.
The PM held that the enhancement of cooperative ties between the business communities would contribute greatly to Malaysia-Vietnam relations, especially in economy.
He also voiced his belief that Vietnam would reap breakthrough development in the coming time thanks to the industriousness of its people, among others.
Established in 1995, Alphanam is a multi-sectoral economic group. It has invested in almost 20 hotel projects and cooperated closely with the world’s leading hotel management groups, including Ri-Yaz Hotels and Resorts.
The cooperation between the Alphanam Group and Ri-Yaz Hotels and Resorts is expected to contribute to the development of Vietnam’s tourism sector and Vietnam-Malaysia relations in general.-VNA
- PM emphasized strategic partnership between Vietnam and India
- Malaysian PM Mahathir to discuss China mega-projects on August visit
- Malaysia PM Mahathir says to review TPP-11, revive 'Look East Policy', ahead of Japan visit
- Malaysian PM hopes to enhance strategic partnership with Vietnam
- Malaysia PM Mahathir aims for new national car, after Proton stake sold to Chinese Geely
- Malaysian PM Mahathir revives Singapore water dispute, says supply deal 'too costly'
- Malaysia PM Mahathir calls for China's help with fiscal problems
- Strengthening solid foundation for comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership between Vietnam and China
- Malaysian PM Mahathir announces new cabinet picks