Over 10,000 visitors attend the first Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day. Photo: baovanhoa
Speaking at the ceremony, Vice Chairman of Hanoi People’s Committee, Ngo Van Quy said that the event aims to honor and protect the value of Vietnam cultural heritages. In addition, the event targets promoting Vietnam, the country and its people to international friends, raising public awareness on preserving and promoting the value of national cultural heritages.
During the two-day festival, visitors have a chance to enjoy many kinds of cultural activities, including singing performances of Vietnamese folk music of Then, Van, Bai Choi, Quan ho Bac Ninh, Cheo, Vi Dam, Hat Xam, Tong Hoi; folk games and calligraphy exhibition.
On the same day, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism opened an exhibition showcasing the diversity of national tangible and intangible heritages, including those recognized by UNESCO at the Vietnam Culture and Arts Exhibition Center (Hanoi).
With the theme “Vietnamese Cultural Heritage Space”, the three-day event featured a photo exhibition, traditional art performances, folk games and a fair featuring farm produce and souvenirs from various localities.
Earlier, 13 special heritage sites are being introduced to the public for the first time at an exhibition at the Hanoi Museum.
The exhibit featuring 100 documents, artifacts, and photos of the 13 heritages, is designed to give visitors a better understanding of the architectural, cultural, historical, and archaeological value of each site.
- National cultural heritage exhibition to run in Hanoi this November
- Vietnam Culture Week kicks off in Laos
- ‘Colours of Vietnam’ cultural night in New York
- Jurassic dinosaur footprints are discovered in 1980s 'paving slabs' at a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site in North China
- Project launched to preserve China's intangible cultural heritage
- Pic story: inheritors of amazing Chinese cultural heritages
- China trains professionals for intangible cultural heritage protection
- Intangible cultural heritage of China's Shijiazhuang: Xu embroidery
- Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day observed in Hanoi
- Tehsildar Vijaya Reddy’s attender dies after 28-day battle for life