HCM City is developing a single card that will be used for all types of public transport (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNA) – The People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City has agreed to develop a single card that will be used for all types of public transport. Tran Chi Trung, Director of the Transport Department’s Public Transportation Management Centre, said that a bus-ticket project that began in 2015 with investment of 263 billion VND (almost 11.3 million USD) from a public-private partnership would be replaced by the single-card system. The bus-ticket project is no longer suited to the current situation, so it will be stopped for re-evaluation, he said. In the future, many types of public transit such as a metro and express bus routes will be operating. If many kinds of automatic ticket systems exist, the costs to interlink systems would be too high, Trung said. Automatic ticket machines on some bus routes still have problems identifying money and types of tickets for different passengers, according to transport experts. As a result, investors have to hire staff to sell and give out tickets on buses. To overcome these inadequacies, the transport department is considering investment in an automatic payment system that could be… Read full this story
- Motorists could earn thousands by giving up cars for public transport
- Jordyn Woods trades private jets for public transport in Manchester
- Nearly a third of women who take public transport say they experienced unwanted attention in last year, study finds
- Armed men blow up mini public transportation bus in Mexico
- Jackson wants to completely overhaul public transportation. Here's what's planned.
- Jackson lands 1M grant to overhaul public transportation system
- Winter Storm Gia: How equipped is public transportation in the Northeast?
- Jackson nabs $1M grant to overhaul public transportation system
- Sex Attacks up 30 Percent on Paris Public Transport System
- THIS WEEK IN JERUSALEM: Prioritizing public transportation
HCM City to use one payment card for all public transport types have 325 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 11, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.