West Lake, Hanoi. Photo: Getty Images
“Great for relaxing in the sunshine but if you want to immerse yourself in the local culture, Hanoi is the place to go,” the author wrote.
Nine has given some pieces of advice for travelers what to do in Hanoi. “The Old Quarter is rich with charming architecture, ancient pagodas, some of Vietnam’s best street food and an array of vibrant markets. And the best way to see the sights of Hanoi is on foot or via a cyclo tour for longer distances,” Nine wrote.
Kicking off with an on-foot tour of the local markets, it’s a great activity to start with to get your bearings of the busy city — the guide is only too happy to divulge all the hidden gems you should explore during your stay.
In this city, you’ll learn about the history of traditional ingredients loved by the locals, assemble your own rice paper rolls, and indulge in a banquet of Vietnamese culinary masterpieces, according to the newswire.
According to Nine, after engrossing yourself in the wonders of Hanoi and soaking up the best of Vietnamese culture, Phu Quoc is where you can go to put your feet up.
Spend the day on the water at Bai Sao Beach exploring the archipelago, snorkelling the crystal clear seas and soaking up the sun on a number of private beaches. After a long day out on the ocean, head on up to the Hon Thom cable car port and hitch a ride across the sky for unmatched views of the island and its fishing village. For hiking enthusiasts, Phu Quoc National Park is an abundant forest of trails waiting to be trekked.
In the ten months of 2018, the number of holidaymakers to Hanoi is estimated at more than 13.1 million, a 16.8% increase from the same period last year, according to the Hanoi Statistics Office. Of the total visitors in the ten months, the city welcomed over 3.4 million foreign visitors, marking a 16.9% rise from the same period last year.
- Sports Vietnamese corporation wants to build F1 racetrack in suburban Hanoi Life after leprosy in Vietnam
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi Meet the woman changing Vietnam’s honey industry
- Sports Vietnam football federation says will invite Liverpool for summer game in Hanoi Life after leprosy in Vietnam
- Lifestyle ‘Day of Pho’ to be held in Hanoi next week Pagoda in Vietnam under investigation over ‘karma removal’ for a price
- Lifestyle ‘Day of Pho’ to be held in Hanoi next week Flying high: Vietnam hot air balloon fest woos enthusiasts
- Sports Vietnamese athletes find joy in post-pro life Vietnam’s Phu Quoc emerges as dream wedding venue for Indian billionaires
- Sports Vietnam launches construction of Hanoi F1 race circuit Southern Vietnam sizzling as dry season reaches peak
- Society Sky turns dark as polluted air blankets Hanoi Meet the woman changing Vietnam’s honey industry
- Sports Vietnam launches construction of Hanoi F1 race circuit In Vietnam, man asked to pay $0.0085 in bank debt
- Fantasy Football: Ranking best destinations for Le'Veon Bell