Ha Long International Cruise Port, Ha Long city, Quang Ninh province, welcomed the Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines’ Celebrity Millennium cruise ship on November 27.
|The Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines’ Celebrity Millennium cruise ship|
The ship, carrying some 2,000 passengers and a crew of 1,000, is the first tourist ship to dock at Ha Long International Cruise Port.
The passengers later left the ship to visit Ha Long Bay and a number of tourism sites in Quang Ninh province.
Celebrity Millennium is a luxurious and modern five-star international luxury cruise ship catering to Asia and South Pacific voyages. According to the plan, Celebrity Millennium will leave the port at 1:00 pm on November 28.
The welcoming of the first international cruise ship marks a milestone, opening a new turning-point for the tourism industry in Quang Ninh, creating a new space for international cooperation and tourism development.
According to Chairman of Quang Ninh People’s Committee,Nguyen Duc Long, the launch of the Ha Long International Cruise Port is an important mark of the Quang Ninh tourism industry, creating the most favorable conditions for passenger ships to travel to Ha Long Bay. It is also a highlight for visitors when visiting HaLong Bay.
Construction began in November 20, 2017, and, after more than one year of construction, Ha Long International Cruise Port is essentially complete. The VND 1,100 billion-project is a special international cruise port in Vietnam. The port is designed to accommodate ships of up to 225,000 DWT, with a total capacity of 8,460 people (including passengers and crew), serving two ships at the same time.
It is expected that, by the end of 2018, there will be ten international passenger ships to arrive at Ha Long International Cruise Port.
- Ha Long In’l Passenger Port welcomes celebrity cruises for the first time
- Luxury cruise ship brings visitors to Nha Trang City
- Quang Ninh works to raise quality of tourist ships on Ha Long Bay
- Hon Gai int’l port receives first cruise ship
- Seminar looks into cruise tourism development
- Carnival starts constructing 6,500-passenger 'XL' ship, which will be based at Port Canaveral
- Cruise ship tourists arrive in Hue
- Never seen a place as magnificent as Ha Long Bay: UK billionaire
- World's largest cruise ship, Symphony of the Seas, to make its US debut at Port Canaveral