He was the upper-crust war hero-turned-oilman and diplomat who steered America through the end of the Cold War as president and led a political dynasty that saw his son win the White House. George W. Bush called his father a “man of the highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for,” in a statement announcing his death. “The entire Bush family is deeply grateful for 41’s life and love, for the compassion of those who have cared and prayed for Dad, and for the condolences of our friends and fellow citizens.” Bush’s passing comes just months after the death in April of his wife and revered first lady Barbara Bush — his “most beloved woman in the world” — to whom he was married for 73 years. The 41st American president was a foreign policy realist who navigated the turbulent but largely peaceful fall of the Soviet Union in 1989 and assembled an unprecedented coalition to defeat Iraqi strongman Saddam Hussein two years later. But the decorated war pilot and former CIA chief suffered the ignominy of being a one-term president, denied a second term over a weak economy when he lost the 1992 election… Read full this story
- George HW Bush: One term president helmed political dynasty
- US President G. Bush approves PNTR for VN
- President backs intellectual property - Politics & Laws - Vietnam News Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports
- President Sang receives former political prisoners
- Buses crash head-on, 11 dead
- Myanmar Presidents holds meeting with political leaders
- President Nguyen Minh Triet: "A New Vitality is Promoting Vietnam to Advance"
- US President Desires to Visit Vietnam Soon
- President Nguyen Minh Triet successfully wraps up US visit
- Vietnamese President receives Chilean counterpart
Former US president George Bush, head of political dynasty, dead at 94 have 296 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 30, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.