The result would give them the opportunity to block Trump’s agenda and open his administration to intense scrutiny. In midterm elections two years after he won the White House, Trump and his fellow Republicans expanded their majority in the U.S. Senate following a divisive campaign marked by fierce clashes over race, immigration and other cultural issues. But Tuesday’s results were a bitter outcome for Trump after a campaign that became a referendum on his leadership. NBC News projected Democrats would hold a 229-206 House majority, taking over control from the Republicans for the first time in eight years. Other media outlets also projected that the Democrats would pick up at least the 23 Republican-held seats they needed to win to gain a majority. With a House majority, Democrats will have the power to investigate Trump’s tax returns, possible business conflicts of interest and allegations involving his 2016 campaign’s links to Russia. They also could force Trump to scale back his legislative ambitions, possibly dooming his promises to fund a border wall with Mexico, pass a second major tax-cut package or carry out his hardline policies on trade. A simple House majority would be enough to impeach Trump if evidence surfaces… Read full this story
- Democrats Charge Ahead, Launch Investigations into Trump's Finances, Russia Ties
- Michael Bloomberg to spend at least $80 million to help Democrats win the House in November
- Republicans, Trump Upbeat on Kavanaugh Vote as Senators Read FBI Report
- With Pelosi, Democrats are stuck between a gavel and a hard place
- Trump Answers Rebuke of Border Order With Veto
- Trump Vetoes Congress' Measure Rebuking Border Order
- Trump Calls for Death Penalty to 'Get Tough' on Drug Pushers
- Nunes, in secret recording, says GOP is necessary to protect Trump
- Profane Impeachment Call From Freshman Democrat Gets Quick Rebuke From Top Democrats
- How hard will McCarthy go against Mueller?
Democrats capture US House majority in rebuke to Trump have 322 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 6, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.