Brexiteers are staging a determined attempt to keep up the pressure on Theresa May as a leading critic told the prime minister that “most MPs” will vote against her in a confidence vote. Both Mrs May’s draft Brexit deal and leadership of the country have been left in a perilous position this weekend, following a fierce backlash against the agreement she has struck with the EU.Conservative backbenchers in their constituencies on Saturday were continuing to pore over the details of the draft deal, while also taking soundings from their local associations.But the prime minister will tomorrow look to push back against criticism of her leadership and sell her proposed Brexit deal to voters during an appearance on Sky News’ Sophy Ridge On Sunday show – her first live TV interview since the details were revealed. Amid the ongoing turmoil, Mid-Bedfordshire MP Nadine Dorries told Sky News she would not be surprised if the number of letters of no confidence in Mrs May had already met the threshold of 48 needed to trigger a vote on the prime minister’s leadership.Predicting fellow MPs will “see things moving on Monday”, Ms Dorries suggested 1922 Committee chair Sir Graham Brady – who would organise… Read full this story
- Brexit: what would leadership rivals Johnson and Hunt do as prime minister?
- Irish PM Leo Varadkar sparks anger by claiming the British people want a second Brexit referendum as he rejects Boris’ deal
- Irish PM Leo Varadkar warned No Deal Brexit may cause thousands of job losses and food and medicine shortages in Ireland
- Boris Johnson tells MPs the whole world will breathe a 'sigh of relief' if they back his Brexit deal as he makes a last-ditch push to win over his critics
- Boris Johnson leaves Remainers reeling with masterstroke to close Parliament to push through Brexit
- Business owners must show leadership over Brexit - even if Tory leadership hopefuls are not ǀ View
- Who is Stephen Barclay? Brexit Secretary, former Government whip and MP for North East Cambridgeshire
- Brexit: most Tory members would choose no deal over May's plan
- Brexiteers slam Bank of England’s ‘No Deal’ hysteria claims of house prices to crash by 30 per cent and pound ‘worth less than dollar’
- Pro-EU Tory rebels delay bid to force Boris Johnson to abandon No Deal Brexit
Brexiteers keep up pressure on PM's leadership and 'serfdom' Brexit deal have 396 words, post on news.sky.com at November 17, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.