The Ministry of Transport (MoT) had decided to stop collecting tolls from build-operate-transfer (BOT) roads that had quickly fallen into disrepair after opening (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The Ministry of Transport (MoT) had decided to stop collecting tolls from build-operate-transfer (BOT) roads that had quickly fallen into disrepair after opening. The action taken by Transport Minister Nguyen Van The has been applauded by experts and drivers whose money is going straight into the pockets of BOT investors. Several BOT highways have raised public concern after experiencing problems even in their trial periods. For example, a section of the Da Nang-Quang Ngai Expressway funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) was opened to traffic in August last year, but after 14 months of operation, cracks and holes have appeared on the road surface. The damage has caused risks for vehicles traveling at high speeds on the expressway. The minister has asked the Vietnam Expressway Corporation (VEC) – the investor – to stop collecting tolls on the road until the damage is repaired. Toll collections would resume 16 days after repair work was completed. A BOT project to upgrade and widen a section of road on the National Highway in Binh… Read full this story
- WPP to face shareholder backlash at first AGM after Sorrell departure
- Egypt’s Sisi, facing online backlash, says country is on the ‘right track’
- Corbyn facing Labour backlash as he demands 'new single market' after Brexit
- Theresa May faces Cabinet backlash over Brexit 'third way' and 'treating ministers like idiots'
- Imran Khan faces feminist backlash
- Hundreds of pension investors face huge tax bills after 'olive oil scam'
- 10 BIGGEST dangers that Leh-Ladakh road trippers face
- Mark the black spots and improve the road quality in the district : Shanta Kumar told PWD
- Speakers announced for Quest for Quality Conference 2018 October 3rd-4th
- How you could be caught out and fined for accidentally speeding on roads with street lights
BOT road investors face quality backlash have 330 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 7, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.