It was recently revealed that the
Series 4’s groundbreaking ECG feature will be activated in the upcoming WatchOS 5.1.2 update. As previously announced, though, only US consumers will be able to take advantage of it. This is due to the strict regulations in place throughout international markets, though Canada may follow suit in the near future.
To comply with regulations, Apple has announced that it will honor refund requests related to heart health features for up to 45 days after purchase. The Apple Watch normally has a standard 14-day return period.
According to an internal document distributed to Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers in the United States, obtained by
Apple Stores will refer refund requests beyond the standard return period to Apple Support, so customers will need to contact them online or via
to submit their request.
ECG reading capabilities are expected to become commonplace in wearables over the next year and could potentially help millions of users identify health concerns more quickly than ever before. Current data shows that anywhere from 2.7 to 6.1 million Americans may suffer atrial fibrillation – a statistic that can be lowered and much more accurately measured with real-time, on-the-go ECG readings. No wonder that the FDA is changing to a more flexible stance on wearables that offer this type of functionality. Fingers crossed that the functionality expands to other regions as well.
- Apple Watch Series 4 can detect falls, take ECGs, and lead you through breathing exercises
- Apple Watch Series 4 Review: It’s all about the display
- Apple Watch Series 4 Return Period Extended to 45 Days
- How to use the ECG feature on Apple Watch Series 4
- Health Canada approves Apple Watch Series 4 ECG feature
- Galaxy Watch vs. Apple Watch Series 4: Which one is the smartest?
- Apple Watch Series 4 ECG feature is hardware-locked to the U.S.
- Apple Watch Series 4 To Finally Get ECG Feature With watchOS 5.1.2
- Apple Watch Series 4 review roundup: There’s no other smartwatch like it
- The Apple Watch Series 4’s new watch faces prove that Apple’s attention to detail is unrivaled
- Apple Watch Series 4’s ‘Fall Detection’ functionality isn’t automatically on unless you’re over 65
- Apple Watch Series 4 hands-on — health monitoring takes a big step up
- Apple Watch Series 4 Hands-on: The biggest update yet
- Apple Watch Series 4 Brings Life-Saving Improvements To The Popular Smartwatch
- Last-minute leak is our first-ever live look at the new Apple Watch Series 4 design
- Apple Watch Series 4’s larger screen to allow third-party apps to display more content
- Leaked Apple Watch Series 4 photo reveals a cool feature no other smartwatch has
- The 10-point Apple Watch Series 4 review: Finally a worthwhile upgrade
- ECG support on the Apple Watch Series 4 may take longer to arrive in the UK
- Apple Watch Series 4 Review: 6 Months Later
Apple Watch Series 4 will get extended 45-day refund period due to ECG features have 443 words, post on www.phonearena.com at November 30, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.