So far, the fund has given scholarships worth VND14.2 billion to support 11,108 good students from low-income families.
The fund organizer – Doan Toi family – decided to hand over VND 10billion to the learning encouragement association in An Giang Province which will use to support needy students to continue their learning in higher education and develop young talents in the province.
Deputy Chairman of People’s Committee in an Giang Le Van Nung said that province leaders highly appreciated Doan Toi Family to gift VND24.2 billion for education development in An Giang Province.
For years, thousands of students from poverty-stricken families have received support from the fund and more students will receive the assistance from the fund. He lauded the Doan Toi fund for its good deed.
By NGOC DAN – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- Nation turns to disadvantaged Ha Giang province
- Soft loan policy helps disadvantaged students
- ‘Disadvantaged students more likely to drop out of university than richer peers’
- Dantri/Dtinews opens new bridge in Ha Giang Province
- Ha Giang province’s exam cheating scandal revealed
- Controversy shrouds proposed Kien Giang Province power plants
- Kien Giang Province halts licenses for sea encroachment projects
- Kien Giang province improves life for ethnic minorities
- Kiên Giang Province improves life for ethnic minorities