13 national special heritages on display to observe Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day. Photo: VNA
It showcases 100 documents, items, and images related to the 13 heritages in Hanoi, including Hoan Kiem Lake – Ngoc Son Temple, Phu Dong Temple, Soc Son Temple, Co Loa Temple, Thay Temple, Tay Phuong Temple, Chem Communal House, Tay Dang Communal House, Hat Mon Temple, Hai Ba Trung Temple, Huong Son landscape complex.
The event aims to give visitors a better understanding of the value in the architecture, culture, history, and archaeology of each heritage site, thus raising public awareness of their conservation.
On the same day, the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports also held different activities to mark the Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day, including folk art performances, exhibitions and games.
In addition, a meeting with people engaging in heritage preservation in the capital city was held, gathering experts in culture and heritage preservation to discuss the management, preservation, and promotion of the heritages’ values.
Hanoi boasts a host of special heritages, including 6,000 relic sites and 1,700 intangible heritages.
Earlier, a book Hanoi’s Intangible Cultural Heritage in Contemporary Life launched at the Temple of Literature. The book features 24 heritages requiring priority preservation with more than 100 illustrations and 22 writings focusing on folklore linguistics, theatrical performances, customs and beliefs.
The book aims to bring heritages closer to local and global communities, while connecting the protection of local intangible cultural heritages with regional and international preservation efforts. The book is available in both English and Vietnamese. It will be made available in libraries, research institutes and schools.
- Special Riding Group welcomes visitors to open day
- Why is Norfolk so special? Readers have their say on 100-day countdown to Norfolk Day
- Special Love West Norfolk events on Norfolk Day
- Fears for missing Stoke schoolboy Ryan Evans, 13, last seen swimming in Westport Lake on hottest day of the year
- What's Open, closed in observance of Guam Liberation Day holiday
- Police: 13 road traffic accidents recorded in Armenia in one day
- Donald and Melania Trump Display Affection During Mother's Day Speech (VIDEO)
- Dad’s heartbreaking tribute to ‘bright’ Grace Handling, 13, found dead at pal’s house on last day of school
- National History Museum's Dippy the Diplodocus is coming to Cardiff
- Saracens sign new sponsorship deal with Alan Day Volkswagen