Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam’s export turnover to India in the first nine months of 2018 hit 5.1 billion USD, according to preliminary statistics released by the General Department of Vietnam Customs.
The figure made up 2.8 percent of the country’s total export value and represented a year-on-year increase of 88.34 percent.
India was one of Vietnam’s three export markets posting the highest growth, totalling more than 20 percent during January-September, along with China and the Republic of Korea (RoK), the department said.
Vietnam mainly exported industrial and agricultural products to India, of which machines, equipment and tools and spare parts brought home most with 1.4 billion USD, accounting for 28.6 percent of the total and up nearly 5.9 times compared with the same period last year.
Recently, India has imported rattan products and carpets from Vietnam at a rapid pace, up 15.9 times.
Staples with export growth exceeding 100 percent included steel and plastic products, transport means and spare parts.
The two countries have set a target of 15 billion USD in bilateral trade by 2020.-VNA
- Vietnam joins India int'l trade fair
- Agricultural exports to rise sharply in 2014
- Vietnam joins India intâl trade fair
- Vietnam joins India int’l trade fair
- Vietnam exporters brace for tougher year
- Vietnam-India bilateral trade rises sharply
- Thailand’s gem and jewellery exports rise sharply
- Tea Export Slightly Rises in 7 Months
- Cocoa prices rise sharply