The event as part of the series of events The Guide Awards 2018 by the Vietnam Economic Times.
Vietnam tourism makes a breakthrough from Industry 4.0.
Instead of customers looking for destination information on book, newspaper as before, today travel information is reaching out to the customers.
According to Q & Me’s survey conducted in 2017, a market research service in Vietnam, 88% of Vietnamese search online travel information, including 35% frequently use of the internet to find tourism information. According to Google Trends, the frequency of searches for “travel” has tripled in the last five years. The most popular tourist information in the country is related to travel experiences, places, restaurants and hotels.
The 2017 hotel survey service, published by Grant Thornton Vietnam, also reports that internet booking channels are understood to be through online booking sites (OTAs) such as Booking.com, Vntrip.vn or Agoda.com occupies 20.7% of the booking channel structure.
The development of technology has changed the way and behavior of tourism. Previously, the technology conception made tourism products tough, but now is more attractive, more depth, more content,” said Director of the Tourism Information Center under VNAT Le Tuan Anh.
According to Le Tuan Anh, with the popularity of smart phones, the world is at hand. With Vietnam, the VNAT has developed a smart tourism plan, based on digitization and intelligence. The main theme of this project is to build a large amount of data, interconnected, multi-disciplinary with destinations, based on shared applications, with the goal of serving customers. Once in the system, customers can find information and compare, more beautiful destinations will be more competitive, promote innovation.
- Vietnam to improve investment climate, take advantage of Industry 4.0: PM
- Industry 4.0 changing Vietnamese business
- How does technology make lives faster and easier?
- Vietnam’s online tourism to thrive
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 14
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 15
- Swift digital revolution drives Vietnam’s economic growth
- Vietnam’s way ahead in foreign investment and economic growth
- Vietnam urged to maximize benefits from digital economy