Notably, the manufacturing and processing sectors continued to attract most the foreign investment of US$ 13.2 billion, accounting for 47.5 percent of the total registered foreign investment. The top two were followed by real estate drawing US$ 5.7 billion (20.4 percent).
As of October 20, disbursement of foreign direct investment projects is estimated at US$ 15.1 billion, up by 6.3 percent compared to the same period last year.
According to the FIA, foreign investors have been investing in 59 cities and provinces. Among them, the capital city of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City were respectively the first and second most attractive destinations for foreign investors.
Translated by Lam Anh
- Fruition of $2.3-billion foreign investment unlikely – senator
- Singapore overtakes US as most attractive destination for Chinese overseas investments: EIU report
- Can PH startups grow to USD 15 Billion?
- Foreign investment falls in Sept, but 9-mth up 25.3%
- Drilon alarmed over slump in new foreign investments
- Drilon worried over drop in foreign investments
- The President’s lies on foreign-investment flows
- House inquiry into drop in foreign investments sought
- China denies row to blame as May foreign investment down 6.7%
- Foreign investment plummets in Thailand