The State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC) said Vietnam’s third largest bank by assets proposes to make a private issue of 360 million shares, equivalent to 10 percent of its charter capital. The lender plans to sell nearly 54 million shares to its strategic partner, Japan’s Mizuho Bank, to ensure it retains its 15 percent stake post dilution. It will sell the remaining 306 million shares, or 7.73 percent of its charter capital, to other undisclosed investors. It has not disclosed the issue price either. Its shares closed at VND58,000 ($2.5) Friday on the HCMC market. The State Bank of Vietnam recently gave Vietcombank approval to increase its charter capital by 10 percent to VND39.58 trillion ($1.69 billion). The lender has also received approval from its shareholders to make the private placement. Vietcombank and other top lenders, including BIDV and Vietinbank, have been struggling to increase their capital to meet international capital adequacy norms. The second Basel Accords, or Basel II, prescribe minimum capital adequacy of 8 percent of risk-weighted assets for all financial institutions to cover operational risks. In 2016 Vietcombank signed a deal with Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC Private Limited to sell a 7.73 percent stake. The… Read full this story
- 901 Million Users, $1.06 Billion In Revenue, 23 Million Shares To Instagram
- an error occurred in the upload. please try again later (Maybe File Permission Issue)
- Tesla Trading Halted After Musk Mentions Taking Company Private – at $420 a Share
- Should I manually resolve WP Core File security issues or await a subsequent WP release?
- Why You Can’t Find .htaccess File on Your WordPress Site
- How to configure Shared Folder in VMware Workstation
- What's Your Million-Mile Dream Car?
- Aadhaar swings the other way: Supreme Court should not have struck down its use as verification tool by private sector
- Elon Musk Is Being Sued by Shareholders for Tweeting About Taking Tesla Private
- How to Protect WordPress Files with Prevent Direct Access
Vietcombank files for private issue of 360 million shares have 324 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 19, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.