UK warns of limits to Brexit compromises (Agence France-Presse) – October 1, 2018 – 8:23am BIRMINGHAM, United Kingdom — Britain’s Brexit secretary will warn the European Union on Monday that his government’s willingness to compromise in divorce talks is “not without limits”. In a speech to his Conservative party conference in Birmingham, central England, Dominic Raab will repeat London’s threat to walk away if it cannot get a deal it wants. “My approach to Brexit is pragmatic, not dogmatic,” he will say, according to extracts released by the party. “But our willingness to compromise is not without limits. We are leaving the European Union in fact, not just in name.” EU leaders have rejected Prime Minister Theresa May’s plan for close post-Brexit trade ties, and demanded she rework the ideas before a summit next month. Both sides are still hoping to reach a deal later this year, ahead of Brexit in March. Raab said the British plan “manages the risks of Brexit” and “grasps the opportunities”, while keeping open the border with Ireland. “If an attempt is made to lock us in via the back door of the European Economic Area and Customs Union… or if the only offer from the EU… Read full this story
- UK Chancellor says Brexit deal referendum ‘credible’ as delay bill passes by one vote
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker agree to 'legally binding' assurances on Irish backstop
- Pressure on PM to consider Brexit delay
- May 'focused' on scheduled Brexit date
- Brexit latest news: MPs vote on government motion as Jacob Rees-Mogg says he could vote for Theresa May's Brexit deal
- May sees Brexit as 'damage limitation'
- May sees Brexit as damage limitation exercise, former aide claims
- Barnier casts doubt on whether UK will leave EU on schedule
- Brexit endgame? British MPs set for fresh vote on EU divorce deal
- Live: MPs reject no-deal Brexit
UK warns of limits to Brexit compromises have 323 words, post on www.philstar.com at September 30, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.