SELBORNE Primary School has gained musical success with the awarding of a Music Mark.
This award, for which the school was nominated by Hampshire Music Service, reflects the hard work and commitment of the school community towards music over the last five years.
Headteacher Claire Murphy said: “The award reflects the high quality of teaching and learning and the breadth of the curriculum that the children are provided with in music.
“The school is fortunate to have not only a choir and band at Key Stage 2, but also recorder club for Key Stage 1 children, Ocarina lessons in Key Stage 1, Steel Pans in Key Stage 2, Listen to Me lessons for Year 4 and 5 and peripatetic lessons for brass, woodwind and strings.
“These great opportunities would not be available without the talented Mrs Whitaker and the community’s great support at the annual FOSStival.
“Fundraising is so important to schools at this challenging time, the monies that we raise through our events such as fairs, quiz nights and FOSStival always provide the luxury ‘extras’ for the children.”
- Choosing a Primary School for Your Child
- The Importance Of Music Contests
- The Buckinghamshire Eleven Plus School Entrance Test
- Rap Music - The New Frontier? HipHopology 101
- How To Teach Fitness Classes In Schools
- Want To Have Fun And Earn? Get Started Today
- How to Avoid Phony Music Management Agencies
- "Muggles" Make Magical Music
- French Schools
- Exploring Options Of A Career In Music
- How To Eliminate Music Career Killers Called Day Jobs
- Home-School - A Family or a School?
- Orange County Schools - Closing The Gap
- Want To Carve A Niche For Yourself In Music?
- Music and Politics
- Music History - Part 1
- Elementary Education at School or at Home?
- 7 Great & Fun Ways To Earn Your Living In The World of Music
- 100 Tips to Market Your Music - Part 1
- A Few "Notes" On the History of Music
Primary school earns Music Mark have 307 words, post on www.altonherald.com at October 23, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.