An international photo contest on Hanoi entitled “Tu hao Hanoi” (Proud of Hanoi) has been launched by the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports, the Vietnam Association of Photographic Artists (VAPA), the Department of Fine Arts, Photography and Exhibition (APE), and the Hanoi Association of Photographic Artists.
The dawn on Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi’s centre. A picture was awarded at a contest on Hanoi’s streets in 2017 (Photo: Hanoitv.vn)
Open to both Vietnamese and international photographers, the contest aims to contribute to promoting Hanoi’s history, culture and people, honoring the values of the peaceful thousand-year-old city. It also presents an opportunity for both professional and amateur photographers to show their talent and enrich the city’s photographic resources.
Photos must show the beauty of Hanoi and Hanoians and convey messages themed around either “Thang Long, Hanoi: A thousand years of culture”, “City of peace”, “Hanoi: Integration and development”, or “Hanoi: Green – Clean – Beautiful”.
Both amateur and professional photographers in Vietnam and overseas are eligible to submit their works. Each contestant is allowed to send a maximum of two entries, which can include either a single photo or a collection of five to eight photos in either black and white or color.
Organizers will accept submissions on the websites www.tuhaohanoi.com and www.hanoiaspride.com from November 1 to June 30, 2019.
The awards ceremony and an exhibition of winning photos will take place in downtown Hanoi in October next year. There will be six top prizes, including one first prize of VND30 million ($1,300), two second prizes of VND20 million ($860), and three third prizes of VND15 million ($650). Each photo selected for the exhibition win VND1 million ($44).
As the capital for more than a thousand years, since 1010, Hanoi is considered the cultural center of Vietnam, where every dynasty has left behind its imprint. It hosts more cultural sites than any other city in the country, including hundreds of pagodas and temples.
VN Economic Times
- Photos: Contest Showcases Night Sky Sparkle
- Six Locals to Judge DAC Smartphone Photo Contest, Pic Darien
- See-Through Fish Pic Wins Underwater Photo Contest
- Images of Underwater Photo Contest Winners
- CNN continues promoting Hanoi’s images in next five years
- Unlike ordinary days, Hanoi turns tranquil on last day of the Year of the Pig
- Hanoi streets decorated for Lunar New Year festival 2020
- Hanoi authorities spray schools with disinfectant to combat nCoV infection
- Hanoi opens 2020 Spring Book Street
- An insight into Hanoi-Moscow Multifunctional Complex in Russia
- A peaceful Hanoi on first day of lunar New Year
- Thrilling Vat Cau festival excites crowds in Hanoi
- DVCShop.Com Launches Updated Website With New User-Friendly Interface
- Rare shot of a pika chosen as Wildlife Photo of the Year
- Linode Launches Free Advanced DDoS Protection Across Its Global Network
- NASA Launches Final Shuttle
- Budget carrier Vietjet launches direct Hanoi – Bali route
- Hanoi apartment market to see abundant luxury supply in 2020: JLL
- Bat Trang - A star of Hanoi craft village tourism
- Vietjet launches Hanoi- Bali route
Photo contest on Hanoi launched have 477 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at October 30, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.