Hanoi (VNA) – The Government has officially issued a decree stipulating in details and guiding the enforcement of the Law on Social Insurance on compulsory social insurance for foreign employees in Vietnam. Under the decree, foreigners working in Vietnam with a work permit, practice certificate, or practice license granted by competent Vietnamese authorities and under definite-term labour contracts or contracts with a term of one full year and over shall be subject to compulsory social insurance. They shall be entitled to the following social insurance regimes – sickness, maternity, workplace accident, occupational disease, retirement, and survivor allowance. Those temporarily transferred from mother companies abroad to subsidiary firms in Vietnam or reaching retirement age shall not be subject to the compulsory social insurance scheme. This exclusion is aimed at addressing the concern of foreign enterprises over the duplication of social insurance payments. According to vice chairman of the National Assembly’s Social Affairs Committee Bui Sy Loi, the compulsory social insurance for foreign workers is necessary to ensure fairness between Vietnamese and foreigners and between enterprises which only use domestic employees and those that employ foreigners. According to statistics by the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MoLISA), the number of… Read full this story
- Foreign workers entitled to compulsory social insurance
- Four businesses to come under investigation for owing social insurance
- Real estate firms with social insurance debts named
- Study: Foreign Workers, Tourists Deliver 72K Anchor Babies a Year in U.S.
- Aviva launches new PAYG home and car insurance that guarantees you won’t be charged more than new customers
- Oneida Indian Nation Announces Multi-Million Dollar Expansion at YBR Casino to Create New Entertainment Experience with Social Games
- (Just in)N2.3B Fraud: Reps Probe Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund
- Chancellor's new money for adult social care is crumbs from the table
- 'No justification, at this stage' for a new Brexit extension, says France's foreign minister
- Foreign car makers try to navigate new law in Vietnam after two-month hiatus
New decree issued on compulsory social insurance for foreign workers have 342 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 19, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.