Hanoi (VNA) – A total of 147 movies from 45 countries and territories will attend the Hanoi International Film Festival (HANIFF), themed “Cinema: Integration and Sustainable Development”, from October 27 – 31.
Vietnam sends a long film, 10 short films to compete at the fifth event while 35 others in various genres will be screened in the world cinema panorama programme and Vietnam contemporary film programme, according to Ngo Phuong Lan, head of the Vietnam Cinema Department and head of the festival’s organising board.
The festival is a cultural event honouring excellent movies, Trinh Thi Thuy, Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, told media on October 26.
Apart from introducing the world’s outstanding cinematographic works, the event offers a chance to bring Vietnamese films to the world film market, contributing to promoting the image of Vietnam, she added.
The opening and closing ceremonies of the event will be broadcast live on VTV2 and VTV1 channels of the Vietnam Television on October 27 and 31, respectively.
Film Shoplifter of Japan and Fantastic Woman of Chile will open and close the festival, respectively.
A wide range of awards will be presented at the end of the event, including those for best film, director, and actor/actress.
On the sidelines, a HANIFF script-writing camp, film project market, free screenings, and film discussions will be arranged. Seminars to share the experiences of filmmakers from Poland and Iran will help local artists, managers, and the public understand more about world cinema. –VNA
- Vietnamese movie attends 66th Venice film festival
- Gorgeous movies to be screened at Hanoi international film festival
- Celebrities gather at Hanoi International Film Festival 2018
- Hanoi international film festival to open late October
- Hanoi International Film Festival to feature over 500 films
- Iranian director wins prize at the 5th Hanoi International Film Festival
- The 5th Hanoi International Film Festival to be held in October
- 5th Hanoi International Film Festival kicks off
- Excellent movies to be screened at Hanoi International Film Festival 2018