Hanoi (VNA) – National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan arrived in Hanoi on October 12 evening, concluding her trip to attend the third Meeting of Speakers of Eurasian Countries’ Parliaments (MSEAP 3) and her official visit to Turkey from October 7-12.
The trip was made at the invitation of Chairman of the State Duma of Russia Vyacheslav Volodin and Speaker of the Republic of Korea (RoK)’s National Assembly Moon Hee-sang who were co-chairs of MSEAP 3, and Speaker of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Binali Yildirim.
With the theme of “Economic Cooperation, Environment and Sustainable Development in Eurasia,” MSEAP 3 attracted the participation of 40 parliamentary delegations. It also adopted the 17-point Antalya Statement.
Ngan delivered a speech at the first plenary session of MSEAP 3. On the sidelines of the meeting, the top Vietnamese legislator met with Chairman of the State Duma of Russia Vyacheslav Volodin, Speaker of the RoK’s National Assembly Moon Hee-sang, Chairman of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly of Belarus Vladimir Andreichenko, and Chairman of the Mazhilis (lower house) of the parliament of Kazakhstan Nurlan Z. Nigmatulin.
After her attendance at MSEAP 3, NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan and a high-ranking delegation of Vietnam paid an official visit to Turkey. This was the first official visit by a Vietnamese NA chairperson and the highest-level visit by a Vietnamese Party and State leader to Turkey.
During the visit, Ngan held talks with Speaker of the Turkish Grand National Assembly Binali Yildirim and met with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
She also met with the staff of the Vietnamese Embassy and representatives of the Vietnamese community in Turkey; received President of the Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey (DEIK) Nail Olpak; and attended the Turkey-Vietnam Business and Investment Forum, which drew about 200 Turkish and Vietnamese firms.
The top legislator’s official visit to Turkey was of important significance, helping to consolidate and further strengthen the friendship and multifaceted cooperation between Vietnam and Turkey as the two nations are celebrating the 40th founding anniversary of diplomatic relations in 2018.
The visit marked a new milestone in the development of the friendship and cooperation between Vietnam and Turkey as well as between the two parliaments.-VNA
- NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan begins official visit to France
- NA Chairwoman commits support to OVs in Turkey
- NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan pays official visits to Morocco, France
- NA Chairwoman wraps up visits to Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar
- September 26-October 2: NA Chairwoman tours neighbouring countries; Philippine President on visit
- Nhandan Newspaper - September 26-October 2: NA Chairwoman tours neighbouring countries; Philippine President on visit
- Lao NA Chairwoman wraps up official visit to Vietnam
- Bulgarian NA chairwoman wraps up visit to Vietnam
- Nine Vietnamese on NA Chairwoman’s trip to South Korea absconded