Illustrative photo (Source: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The number of people in Hanoi choosing bus as their means of transportation is rising. In the first half of this year, 221 million tickets were sold, an increase of 5 percent compared to the same period last year. According to the municipal Department of Transport, in 2017, Hanoi’s public buses sold 441 million tickets, up 1.9 percent over the previous year. The Hanoi Transport and Services Corporation (Transerco) reported that the number of passengers using monthly-paid bus passes issued by rose 6.6 percent so far this year, while the rise of this group of passengers throughout the capital city was recorded at 5.4 percent. Transerco, with its eight sub-agencies and three joint-stock companies, is in charge of operating many inner-city bus routes, accounting for 81.5 percent of the city’s subsidised bus routes. According to Nguyen Cong Nhat, the corporation’s deputy director, the number of tickets sold to public bus riders reached its peak of 414.8 million in 2012 and started falling afterwards. On October 20, the company launched Line 109 connecting My Dinh bus terminal to Noi Bai International Airport. The modern buses, with a capacity of carrying 60 passengers each, have… Read full this story
- New Zealand wants travel bridge with Cook Islands, not Australia
- Spain coronavirus travel guide: What are the UK quarantine rules and can I still travel?
- Going local: Australians return to backyard holidays as travel options shrink
- Travel potato: Virtual vacations, fashion shows gain currency in coronavirus pandemic era
- Travel agencies promoting domestic tourism
- Brittle boned Hanoian shows unbreakable lust for life
- Hanoians seek measures to cope with prolonged heat wave
- Hanoians rush to take Covid-19 tests after another positive case
- Nail in the coffin for foreign travel: Airline bosses say Boris’s ‘devastating’ lockdown plan to quarantine all UK arrivals for TWO WEEKS will ‘kill off’ industry as business chiefs claim it signals Britain is closed
- Transport dept seizes over 130 buses plying despite suspended inter-state bus services
More Hanoians prefer traveling by bus have 332 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 25, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.