On October 17, Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue had a meeting with HCM City authorities about SOEs equitisation.
Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue had a meeting with HCM City authorities about SOEs equitisation
According to the deputy PM, the country has set a goal to equitise 64 SOEs, including 39 in HCM City. However, since the beginning of the year, none of SOEs in the city have been equitised.
Nguyen Thanh Phong, Chairman of the municipal people's committee, said that it takes time to carefully consider which SOEs needed to be prioritised for equitisation first as well as how to ensure the most effective process.
HCM City authorities have proposed the government for an extension to the equitisation process. Instead of having 39 SOEs to be equitised this year, the city expects to be allowed to equitise 32 in 2019 and seven others in 2020. After 2020, the city will try to ensure divestment from SOEs as regulated by the government.
Deputy PM Hue noted that only SOEs in security and defence are prioritised to be retained.
Hue urged HCM City to early submit the equitisation plan adjustment to the prime minister for consideration.
- HCM City- Saint Petersburg direct air route proposed
- HCM City solicits foreign-invested firms’ support to develop economy
- HCM City told to centre development around transport
- HCM City plans new industrial zone in Binh Chanh District
- HCM City to invest in public transport in new residential areas
- HCM City plans to pilot merit pay for workers
- HCM City ensures supply of special food for Tết
- HCM City to spend more on road infrastructure
- HCM City strengthens preventive measures against African swine fever
- HCM City: South Korean man arrested for murder
- HCM City, provinces provide gifts for residents on Tết
- HCM City targets 7.6 per cent industrial growth in 2020
- HCM City told to focus efforts on transport
- HCM City plans to build new IP in Binh Chanh
- HCM City to increase greenery, improve public lighting
- HCM City targets 7.6 percent industrial growth in 2020
- Vietnam Airlines’s Boeing 787-10 used for HCM City-Shanghai route
- Savers may fall short of retirement goals despite having financial plans: Standard Chartered Wealth Expectancy Report
- HCM City plans new industrial zone in Bình Chánh District
- Giant int'l brands prefer fashion-conscious HCM City
HCM City’s equitisation plan falls short have 381 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.