Ha Long bay
The scope of direct research in the administrative boundaries of Ha Long city is 27,753.91 ha. The area of indirect research includes Hoanh Bo districts (four communes in the south of Hoanh Bo) and Quang Yen town (two ward, commune).
The scheme aims to enhance the role and position of the city in particular and Quang Ninh in general, regionally and internationally; moving Ha Long towards sustainable development in line with the requirements of green growth and adaptation to climate change.
The northern hub will be developed into a civilized and friendly sea tourist city, a world-class tourism and service center with comprehensive and modern socio-economic infrastructure, while preserving and promoting the world natural heritage Ha Long bay.
Ha Long city is national service-tourism hub with international standards, associated with Ha Long bay; a regional city, a center of economics, seaport, and industry; a dynamic center of the northern key economic region, the northern coastal economic belt and the northern coastal region.
It is also a center of administration, culture, society, science and technology, education and training of Quang Ninh; plays the role of promoting socio-economic development of the Northeast. And, it has an important position in national security and defense, and is being developed towards the model of a smart and green city.
Ha Long bay now tops the list of attractive destinations in Vietnam, according to statistics of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism. Together with newly-upgraded infrastructure projects, hotels and resorts, the hub is expected to be a haven for entertainment and relaxation in the North.
According to the Quang Ninh Department of Tourism, in the first 9 months of 2018, the province greeted nearly 10 million tourists, representing an 25% rise year on year and fulfilling 83% of the year’s plan. Of this, the number of foreigners reached more than 3.6 million, up 19%./.BTA
- Elite Fitness and Spa and Zpizza Signing Investment Cooperation in Ha Long Marine Plaza
- Prime Minister approves Ha Long city expansion
- Developing Thailand as a tourism hub in ASEAN
- Vietnam loses chance of earning from cruise tourism
- “Truly Asia” Malaysia – Premier Tourism Destination for International Visitors
- Is North Korea's tourism industry luring Americans into a trap?
- As World Cup kicks off, Russia aims to prove a world-class host again
- Turkish tourism sector eyes int'l congresses
- Kien Giang calls for investment in major tourism destinations