Google is gearing up to unleash its secretive loop-the-loop energy generating kite on the world. Makani, a tethered plane-shaped kite which makes a series of nose dives in order to turn rotors that generate power, will “likely be graduating from X soon,” the company divulged in a job advert it posted on Thursday. Google X is a subdivision under Alphabet that focuses on the Silicon Valley giant’s “other bets”, funded by its core advertising business. Other X projects include self driving cars, balloon-powered internet and a smart contact lens. It is on the hunt for a head of human resources to lead the fledgling Makani wind turbine startup before it is unleashed to help generate energy for commercial use. Makani is currently testing the latest version of its kite, a 600 kilowatt prototype in Alameda, California. It has already proven that it is possible to generate electricity at large scale, but is still tweaking the design to bring down the cost and improve safety. “We believe that wind is a key renewable energy source for the future. In this strategic and tactical position as HR for Makani, you will help design and execute our HR and people-related strategies and initiatives,” the advert read. It is also… Read full this story
- Tata Motors set to launch Kite hatchback & compact sedan soon
- Google's Larry Page is secretly developing a flying car
- Uber Is Trying to Keep Its Court Battle With Google Out of the Public Eye
- Is the Google Car in trouble?
- Google Finally Takes a Stand on Revenge Porn
- How and When You Can Access The Biggest Upcoming Google Assistant Features
- Liberty High baseball team looks strong in new EPC Steel Division
- On Campus: Cal Baptist women’s golf team finishes runner-up at NCAA Division II tourney
- Google Turns Over Identities of Bloggers on Benfica
- Graduates! The CEO of GM has some wisdom to share
Google's loop-the-loop kite to graduate from secretive X division 'soon' have 327 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.