The Hanoitimes – The number of foreign investors, who contribute capital or acquire shares in Vietnamese firms, is surging rapidly, given by the firms’ high growth prospects and the government’s effective actions in improving the country’s business and investment environment. SK Group has recently acquired a 9.45 percent stake in Masan Group Corporation Figures from the Foreign Investment Agency under the Ministry of Planning and Investment showed that foreign investors spent US$5.7 billion on 5,275 deals to contribute capital or acquire shares of Vietnamese firms in the first nine months of the year, up a whopping 36.8 percent year-on-year. The surge was notable as the country saw only 2,182 FDI new projects valued at US$14.1 billion to be licensed in the period, down 3 percent year-on-year. Nguyen Noi, deputy director of the Foreign Investment Agency, said the amount of capital contribution and share purchase of foreign investors in Vietnamese firms is actually much higher than the figure announced. One of the latest deals with big value this year was SK Group’s US$474 million acquisition of a 9.45 percent stake in Masan Group Corporation last month. The acquisition made the South Korean group the largest foreign shareholder in the Vietnamese conglomerate,… Read full this story
- Investors' bets see microblogging firm Twitter as a $1B company
- Homeland Security deputy helped Democrats secure visas for foreign investors: report
- Bloom shows the risks of betting big with taxpayer money: Editorial
- Betting big on repressed romance with cast addition in Dylan McDermott's cop series 'Dark Blue'
- Investors bet on Portland neighborhood's revival
- Investors betting on rate cut from Federal Reserve
- Two new portfolios let investors bet on prices of homes
- CFOs betting big on AI, machine learning, robotics process automation as business goes digital
- Bet Big Blue
- Suspended Spitzer aide leaves post for big lobbying firm
Foreign investors bet big on Vietnamese firms have 308 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at October 17, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.