PUBLISHED: 09:11 18 October 2018
Year one pupils proudly showing their drawings with Maria Karipidou (left) and Laura Dockrill (right). Picture: CONTRIBUTED
Felsted Primary School students have been inspired to become writers after a visit from a children’s author and illustrator.
Laura Dockrill, who worked with illustrator Maria Karipidou on the book Angry Cookie, released in September, spoke to the children about how they could become authors, and how she came up with ideas, on October 3.
Maria taught the Year 1 pupils how to draw the main character in the book, who is called Angry Cookie.
Head teacher, Lawrence Garside said: “When we spoke to the children afterwards, they were enthusiastic about learning how the author and illustrator worked together and they loved the Angry Cookie character. They wanted to know if it would be made into a cartoon on the TV. It convinced many of them that they would like to become authors and illustrators.”
In the past the author of the How to Train your Dragon series, Cresida Cowell, visited the school.
- Primary school symbolises Japanese girl’s appreciation of Vietnam
- British school pupils get up close to a masterpiece
- School students start new academic year
- HIV-infected children need social care
- Mobile libraries to visit schools
- Children nationwide celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival
- Are schools turning pupils into parrots?
- Schools bar students with HIV
- Hanoi faces school shortage in new urban areas
- Mountainous teachers struggling to get pupils back to school
- Central region face challenges persuading pupils back to class
- Children hospitalised for quinvaxem reactions
- Parents prevent pupils from schools for protest
- Pupils lost school to landslides
- Vietnam strives to improve education quality for disadvantaged children
- CapitaLand to build third CapitaLand Hope School in Vietnam
- Schools boycotted by fishing communities following pollution disaster
- Authorities launch vaccine investigation
- Concerns raised after alleged paedophile school break-in
- Words on Wheels opens children's minds
Felsted Primary School pupils delighted by visit from Children’s author and illustrator have 314 words, post on www.dunmowbroadcast.co.uk at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.