Experts said that drawing investment from private investors in the period is not only drawing their money, but also their intellectual capital and knowledge management. Join us to explore the issue.
This Foreign Direct Investment enterprise has invested in agriculture and food processing in Vietnam for years. Initially, it set to use domestic materials for its production, but failed to do so.
This year, it needs 18,000 tonnes of potatoes for production, however, local farmers are able to supply only 40 percent of the demand, leaving the rest of 60 percent for Chinese suppliers.
This company wants to work with research institutes to create new varieties of good-quality potatoes that can meet all of its raw material needs.
That fact shows if businesses team up with research institutes right from the creation of varieties, they could gain immense outcomes.
A coffee cooperation program between businesses, scientists from the Western Highlands Agro-Forestry Scientific and Technical Institute, and coffee growers in the Central Highlands is a successful model.
The program has drawn the participation of 21,000 farming households in the Central Highlands. And, their products met required standards and all were bought by businesses.
From these examples, experts said it’s time to draw not only money from investors for production but their increasing participation in the investment process.
Officials from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development said, in agriculture, farmers need businesses’ help in developing the market and investing in technology.
However, only 4,000 businesses, or 1 percent of the total businesses in the country, have injected their money in agriculture.
Therefore, expert suggested adopting mechanisms that can facilitate businesses’ deeper involvement in the public-private connectivity like the model in the coffee sector. By doing so, businesses can see the attractiveness of agriculture investment./.
- The Pentagon’s Bottomless Money Pit
- Will fund investors ‘run’ in a crisis? The data says ‘no’
- Law promotes intellectual property rights
- Vietnam - destination for APEC investors
- Blood Money
- STAR campus attracts 12 promising startups
- Compounding Wealth by Capitalizing on Boomer Gender Differences
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 18/8
- “Asean Community - Opportunities and Challenges, Solidarity and Cooperation”