Recalling and recounting the attributes that he saw up close as an economist assistant to Do Muoi, Le Duc Thuy, 70, said the former Party leader was key to the success of the economic renovation program called doi moi launched in 1986. While he was working as deputy head of Vietnam Institute of Economics in 1988, Thuy was invited to work as assistant for Do Muoi, who was then Chairman of the Council of Ministers, in effect the Prime Minister, for one month. Later, Thuy learned that he got the invitation thanks to a suggestion by Le Xuan Tung, personal assistant to then Party General Secretary Nguyen Van Linh. Do Muoi, born Nguyen Duy Cong, had asked Tung to find him someone good in economics. Thuy had returned after completing a postgraduate course from the Soviet Union and made up his mind to continue working as a researcher for the rest of his life, he told VnExpress Tuesday. But Do Muoi told him: “It’s up to you. But if I let you sit in a position that allows you to directly, deeply and fully understand the country’s real economic issues and you turn that proposal down, then I really don’t understand what kind of… Read full this story
- The 2 Crucial Steps To Success On Diets That Actually Work
- Debt Collection Services - Crucial Partner For Success and a Blessing For Small Businesses
- Striving to victoriously realise 12th Congress’s resolution and successfully organise local Party congresses towards 13th National Congress
- IEA economist outlines challenges and opportunities of LNG
- Bookkeeping Business Secrets for Goal-Setting Success
- 7 Tips for a Starting a Successful Coffee Franchise
- Internet Work From Home Success
- “Crucial phase” for the future of Luxembourg: Bettel
- Can Exchange Navigators Get the Crucial Adult Young Men Demographic to Enroll?
- Coach your Employees to Success!
Do Muoi was crucial to doi moi’s success: economist have 316 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.