Serbia’s Novak Djokovic returns the ball to Portugal’s Joao Sousa during their men’s singles second round match of the Paris Masters tennis tournament. (Anne-Christine POUJOULAT/AFP) Djokovic can regain top spot from Rafael Nadal this week if he betters the Spaniard’s performance in the French capital, where the Serb is a four-time winner of the indoor tournament. Djokovic had never dropped a set in five previous meetings with Portugal’s Sousa, but he surrendered a 4-1 lead in the opener and appeared under the weather before regrouping to break Sousa at 6-5. The 14-time Grand Slam champion then reeled off five games in a row to end Sousa’s resistance and book a meeting with Damir Dzumhur of Bosnia in the last 16. Dzumhur defeated rising Greek star and 14th seed Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-3, 6-3. Federer will play Canada’s Milos Raonic on Wednesday after receiving a bye in the first round. Federer’s only tournament victory in Bercy came in 2011. On his last appearance in 2015 he was knocked out by American John Isner in the round of 16. The Swiss star missed the event the past two years due to a combination of injury and selective scheduling. He has also sat out… Read full this story
- Tour Rookie Wolff Finishes With Eagle To Win 3M Open By 1
- ‘Fantastic to be back’: Djokovic wins first match of 2019 in just 55 minutes
- Matthew Wolff wins 3M Open in just third start since turning professional
- Ashleigh Barty wins French Open 2019 after dominating Marketa Vondrousova in one-sided final
- ANZ Premiership: Tactix gain crucial win over Stars in Christchurch return
- Michael Thompson wins 3M Open by 2 strokes in Minnesota
- Thompson wins 3M Open to claim second PGA Tour victory
- Gabigol open to European return 'when the time is right'
- Serena Williams, Naomi Osaka win opening matches in Miami
- Waiting for Novak Djokovic With Tennis Great (Turned Coach) Boris Becker
Djokovic wins Paris opener as Federer confirms return have 328 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 30, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.