An Indian couple who fell to their deaths from a popular overlook at Yosemite National Park in the United States were apparently taking a selfie, the man’s brother has said. Park rangers recovered the bodies of 29-year-old Vishnu Viswanath and 30-year-old Meenakshi Moorthy from about 800 feet below Taft Point, where visitors can walk to the edge of a vertigo-inducing granite ledge that does not have a railing. Mr Viswanath’s brother, Jishnu Viswanath, said the couple had set up their tripod near the ledge. Park visitors saw the camera and alerted rangers, who used high-powered binoculars to find them. The couple were said to be “travel-obsessed”. Ms Moorthy wrote for a blog called Holidays and HappilyEverAfters filled with photos of them in front of snowy peaks, the Eiffel Tower and tulip fields. It is understood she had wanted to work full-time as a travel blogger. “A lot of us including yours truly is a fan of daredevilry attempts of standing at the edge of cliffs and skyscrapers, but did you know that wind gusts can be FATAL???” Ms Moorthy wrote on an Instagram post with a photo of her sitting on the edge of the Grand Canyon. “Is our life… Read full this story
- Pregnant Katy Perry positively glows as she delights fans by stopping to take selfies and have a chat after appearing on The Project
- Regina Hall douses her hands in hand sanitizer after taking selfies with fans in New York amid coronavirus fears
- Elderly Couple Die Side by Side During Tennessee Tornado
- Woman died after falling off cliff with husband on first day of 50th birthday holiday
- Police release name of skier who died after fall from cliff
- Ex-soldier's drastic £100k plan to stop home falling off cliff into sea
- Prince William breaks royal protocol to take selfies with Irish fan: 'A really nice guy'
- Prince William takes selfie with delighted young royal fan as her mum describes Duke as ‘really nice guy’
- Brazil president takes selfies, celebrates with crowds despite coronavirus risks
- Love Island star Jamie’s secret heartbreak after soldier pal died falling from building on lads’ holiday
Couple died after falling off Yosemite cliff while 'taking selfie' have 366 words, post on www.coventrytelegraph.net at October 30, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.