Passengers test e-tickets. Photo: Ngoc Hai
Deputy General Director of Transerco Nguyen Cong Nhat said that BRT e-tickets were developed in line with the standards for e-tickets and e-cards regulated by the city government and will be applicable to other modes of public transport in the future.
Instead of using paper tickets, passengers traveling on the BRT Route 01 will be using smart e-ticket made of plastic resin (NFC) with electronic chip.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Director of the Hanoi Transportation Department Vu Van Vien said that e-ticket is convenient for the transaction and loading of passengers’ card, as well as revenue controlling.
The consortium between Viettel – Transerco and Nhat Cuong Company funded the installation of security cameras, an screening gate system, ticket vending machines and internet services at 23 BRT bus stops along the route, as well as the development of software to issue e-tickets, top up prepaid accounts and manage the customer database at the Hanoi Public Transport Management and Operation Center under the municipal Department of Transport, and at transactional sites authorized by the joint venture, Vien noted.
Some 3,000 e-tickets will be issued for passengers buying daily or monthly bus tickets for a single route during the trial period.
A Transerco representive said that machines that issue e-tickets are available at BRT bus stops at Kim Ma, Nui Truc, Hoang Dao Thuy and Yen Nghia. Passengers can register for or exchange e-tickets online at the website http://timbus.vn/Ticket, or they can download the mobile app Timbus.
It is expected that after the pilot period, the technology will be reviewed and finalized and submitted to the Hanoi People’s Committee for approval so that the use of e-ticket can apply to all subsidized bus routes, the Transerco representive stressed.
- Bamboo Airways set to launch Hanoi-Melbourne direct flights
- Galaxy Fold officially launched in Viet Nam
- Galaxy Fold officially launched in Việt Nam
- Nokia 2.3 price and specifications leaked before official launch
- ‘MyTrans – Let’s bus’ officially launched in HCMC
- Novaland Real Estate Centre officially launched in Hanoi
- Michael Bloomberg Officially Launches 2020 Democratic Presidential Bid
- Massachusetts Native Michael Bloomberg Officially Launches Presidential Campaign
- HTC Exodus 1 blockchain phone officially launched: Full specifications, price
- Nikhil Gowda's Debut Movie 'Jaguar' To Be Officially Launched On Dec 16