Kuala Lumpur, Oct 12 (AFP) Next year’s Asian Cup will allow a fourth substitute when games go to extra time, the Asian Football Confederation announced on Friday.
The move follows a change to the official Laws of the Game, which was also implemented at this year’s World Cup in Russia.
“I am confident the new regulations will add to the excitement of Asia’s flagship national team competition and further strengthen the AFC’s ambitions to be the world’s leading Confederation,” AFC president Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa said in a statement.
The same rule will also apply at the AFC U19 Championship, starting next week in Indonesia, as well as next year’s AFC U19 Women’s Championship and the AFC U23 Championship in Thailand in 2020, the AFC said.
In July, Russia midfielder Aleksandr Erokhin became the first player to come on as the fourth substitute at a World Cup when the hosts went to extra time against Spain.
The AFC has also said it is considering using Video Assistant Referee (VAR) technology “at some stage” at the Asian Cup in the United Arab Emirates, which starts on January 5
Press Trust of India (PTI) is a news agency in India
Fetching more content…
Fetching more content…
- Vietnam's dream run at Asian Cup ends after Japan loss
- Pfizer vaccine – Covid jab approved with mass vaccination from next week as Britain is first country to give green light
- The revolution in Tamil Nadu women’s football
- Qatar 2022: World Cup hosts handed guest spot in European qualifiers
- AFF Cup schedule shift to benefit Vietnam football
- 11pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Lionel Messi tussle with Blues ‘in equation’, Spurs reaction, FA Cup draw
- Kelly Simmons revels in smashing barriers for women's football
- Ji So-yun breaks Durham hearts and fires Chelsea into FA Cup last four
- Jean-Michel Aulas: 'I realised I could do something about the inequalities in football'
- 'Singing and dancing to their deaths': football’s forgotten tragedy
- Super Cup: Bayern Munich complete quadruple amid coronavirus concerns
- Activists are fighting for a renewable future in Sub-Saharan Africa. Chinese coal projects threaten to dirty those plans
- Female Free Divers Get Closer to UNESCO Heritage Listing
- Between Soldiers and Footballers
- Landlords and drinkers' fury at loophole that lets football fans and cinema-goers enjoy a pint WITHOUT a 'substantial meal'... while punters are forced to buy food if they want a drink
- Steve Thompson: 'I can't remember winning the World Cup'
- Why is the Pfizer vaccine so difficult to transport? Light, temperatures above -70C and movement ALL speed up the chemical reactions that destroy fragile mRNA — meaning care homes have been sidelined
- New Zealand win America's Cup with overwhelming victory over Oracle USA
- Walkies in a winter wonderland: Britain's sub-zero chill will last into next week despite sunny weekend after temperatures fell to -10C amid heavy snow
- 'I've never been more depressed about the future': Climate change denier Lord Lawson accuses Boris of initiating 'absolutely mad' Green Revolution to distract the public from the pandemic
Asian Cup football gets green light for four subs have 491 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at October 12, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.