Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnamese businesses are striving to promote agricultural and aquatic products in the Russia market at an international food fair and trade connection activities being held in Moscow, Russia.
The 27th International Food Exhibition (WorldFood Moscow 2018) is now underway until September 20, with the participation of more than 1,500 firms from 62 countries and territories worldwide.
With the support of the Trade Promotion Centre under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Vietnamese Trade Office in Russia, Vietnamese firms including Dakao Agricultural Produce Export and Production Company (Dakao Vietnam), Nam Viet Foods & Beverage, Tan Phat Foods Corporation, Hanoi Trade Corporation (Hapro), Trung Nguyen Group and TH Group, have been attending the event.
A wide range of Vietnamese agricultural and aquatic products are introduced at the exhibition such as cashew nuts, tea, coffee, fruits and canned fish.
Within the framework of WorldFood Moscow 2018, a trade promotion conference designed to connect Vietnamese and Russian firms was held on September 18. At the event, Vietnamese businesses introduced their products and discussed measures of cooperation with their Russian partners.
Nguyen Quoc Toan, Acting Director of the Agro-Product Processing and Market Development under MARD, said WorldFood Moscow 2018 is a large-scale international fair attended by many major brands.
The Russian market holds huge potential for Vietnamese businesses, he noted, adding that Vietnam needs to take advantage of the free trade agreement with the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) in the time ahead.
Nguyen Van Trien, Director of the Tan Phat Foods Corporation, said the company wants to seek partners to export canned tuna to Russia, hoping that the country will become its major market.
Sharing the view, Do Tat Thang, CEO of the Dakao Agricultural Produce Export and Production Company, said Dakao is paying heed to expanding its markets and it expected that Russia would become one of the company’s major markets in the future.-VNA
- Vietnam’s aquatic products meet international requirements
- Vietnam’s tra, basa fish penetrate Mexican market
- Vietnam’s aquatic products featured at the 20th European Seafood Expo
- Opportunities for Vietnam’s agricultural products to enter EU market
- EU - top consumer of Vietnam’s aquatic products
- Russian Market Offers New Opportunities for Vietnamese Exporters
- Vietnam’s wooden, aquatic products gain firm niche in RoK
- Selection of Vietnam’s best aquatic products kicks off
- Russian Market in Ho Chi Minh City
- Seminar discusses Vietnam’s agro-forestry and aquatic products in Russia