Entering the film festival (TiFF) in the Discovery strand, The Third Wife by director Nguyen Phuong Anh (Ash Mayfair) received the NETPAC award for International Asian Film Premiere. The NETPAC award is instituted by the Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema, an organization of 29 participating countries. Every year, it presents awards at certain film festivals. World renowned directors who have received this award include Lee Chang Dong and Kim Ki Duk from South Korea, and Jia Zhangke from China. The film features the life of May (Nguyen Phuong Tra My), a 14-year-old girl entering into an arranged marriage with an affluent middle-aged man. As the third wife in the family, May begins to learn family principles from the first wife Ha (Tran Nu Yen Khe) and second wife Xuan (Maya). As My gets pregnant, she hopes to give birth to a boy to enforce her status in the family, but an incident turns things upside down. The trailer of the film. Set in the 19th century, the film revolves around a family story in old Vietnamese society, and is inspired by her family history, Mayfair told Women and Hollywood. “It is a dark coming-of-age story, a tale of love and self-discovery in… Read full this story
- Promotion of Roman Polanski’s New Film Canceled in France, but Not Its Premiere
- Decades later, inventors of lithium-ion battery win Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- 'Piku' or 'Paa', 'Silsila' or 'Sholay', 'Deewaar' or 'Sarkar': Which is your favourite Amitabh Bachchan film?
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui To Be Honoured For Sacred Games At The Singapore International Film Festival
- US defend title to win fourth Women's World Cup
- Mission Mangal Box Office: Akshay Kumar's Film Crosses Rs 200 Crore Mark; Achieves This New Feat!
- Wannabe porn star, 20, drowns in villa pool after auditioning for X-rated film
- British actor reveals he caught Zika virus while filming BBC series Death in Paradise in the Caribbean
- ‘I’ll Never Forget That Day’: Bucks County Family’s Winning Eagles 50/50 Raffle Ticket Holds Special Place In Their Heart
- Indian-origin Abhijit Banerjee, wife Esther Duflo awarded Nobel Prize in Economics
Vietnamese film The Third Wife wins Toronto film fest prize have 360 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 18, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.