KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Vietnam veterans will be honored at a ceremony in Kansas City this week.
Humana, a health insurance company is holding a pinning and proclamation ceremony Thursday at its Humana Community location in Kansas City. All veterans who served between Nov. 1, 1955 and May 15, 1975, are eligible to participate in the ceremony.
Humana is a partner in a federal program called the Vietnam War Commemoration and Thursday’s ceremony will conclude a veterans’ appreciation week at the Kansas City location.
The Vietnam War Commemoration program began in 2012 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War, and to thank and honor Vietnam veterans. Thousands of organizations across the country to conduct pinning events and activities that recognize Vietnam veterans and their families.
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Fan Gets Amazing Kansas City Super Bowl Baby Yoda Tattoo
- Missouri City officials recognize police officers
- Japan supports HCM City to develop urban infrastructure
- Vietnam tourism to recover after COVID-19
- Vietnam eyes eight golds at Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games
- Ginsburg on hand to honor Houston judge King
- Central city, Toyota join hands boosting ‘green’ mobility
- Thousands fill temple for Hanoi's largest 'life release' ceremony
- A busy day at SF City Hall — light on the politics, heavy on the love
- First Mekong Beauty Show opens in HCM City
- HCM City first metro line fully linked, track to be laid for operation next year
- Over 1,000 firms in HCM City to develop rooftop solar power
- 'It's for Kobe and it's my way of paying tribute': Spike Lee wears purple No. 24 tuxedo to Academy Awards to honor late LA Lakers star
- Quang Ninh: Cam Pha gears toward green city
- Nicky Hilton enjoys quality time with her husband James Rothschild and their children in New York City
- War Veterans Receive New Jersey’s Highest Military Honor At Moorestown Mall
- Vietnam’s ceremonial singing ‘ca tru’ honored by Google Doodle
- First provincial-level smart city monitoring and operating center debuted in Vietnam
- Santa Monica To Host Spirit Awards, Honoring Indie Films
- Vietnam’s COVID-19 epicenter dogged by stigma
Vietnam Vets to be honored in ceremony in Kansas City have 326 words, post on www.chron.com at September 16, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.