|Sr. Lt. Gen. Nguyen Chi Vinh (R) presents a gift to Major General A.I.Zinchenko|
At the meeting, General Vinh stressed that the Vietnamese Party, State and people will never forget the former Soviet Union’s (present Russia) assistance in wartime. The special relationship between Vietnam and Russia, particularly defense cooperation, has been promoted by the two sides in a more practical and effective manner.
He also appreciated the results of the Second Joint Working Group meeting on the same day. Accordingly, the two sides agreed to expand their cooperation in education and training, military technology, information security, military history, and military culture and arts.
Gen. Vinh asked the Joint Working Group to review the exchange of delegations, to make cooperation activities between the two militaries more practical and effective while exploiting strengths and potentials of the two sides.
For his part, Gen. A.I.Zinchenko thanked the host for a warm welcome and expressed his hope to share experiences with Vietnam in UN peacekeeping operations, as well as affirmed that Russia will continue to cooperate with Vietnam in training personnel and providing technologies.
|Sr. Lt. Gen. Nguyen Chi Vinh (R) and Colonel Francisco Ramos|
* In the afternoon the same day, Gen. Vinh received Colonel Francisco Ramos, Defense Attaché of the Philippines in Vietnam, who came to say goodbye before ending his term of office in Vietnam.
Gen. Vinh said that over the past years the bilateral defense relations between Vietnam and the Philippines have been expanded. He also highly acknowledged Defense Attaché Francisco Ramos’s active contributions to the bilateral defense cooperation during his term and hoped that Colonel Ramos will continue to make contributions to the relations between the two militaries and countries.
For his part, Colonel Ramos hoped that the bilateral defense relations between the two countries will further develop in the coming time.
Translated by Lam Anh
- Russia Begins Patrolling Area Dividing Syrian and Turkish Forces
- India-China -Russia Troika: Is It Possible?
- Rebuilding the U.S.-Russia Relationship
- Hello Philippines, Goodbye India
- How I Got to Vietnam in 1967 - Aritlce 1
- Asian Dating in the Philippines
- The Philippines As the First Choice in the Offshore & Outsourcing Biz
- Russian Putan Shows Colors Proving Missile Defense is a Must
- Tet's Holiday in Vietnam
- Vietnam among most attractive M&A destinations for foreign investors