An investor presents at VNDirect Securities JSC’s trading house in Hà Nội. — VNS Photo Trương Vị
Shares rebounded on Thursday morning thanks to strong support from pillar stocks.
On the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange, the VN-Index edged up 0.38 per cent to 1,013.42 points. The benchmark index closed 0.11 per cent down at 1,009.61 points on Wednesday.
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index inched up 0.15 per cent to 115.75 points. It edged up 0.05 per cent to close at 115.58 points on Wednesday.
The market breadth was balanced with 199 stocks rising, 201 declining and 343 closing unchanged on the two exchanges.
A total of 145 million shares worth a combined VNĐ3 trillion (US$131.4 million) were traded on the two markets.
The large-cap VN30 Index gained 0.22 per cent to stand at 986.58 points.
On a sector basis, mining, insurance and securities companies were the main driving forces for the stock market on Thursday morning.
Other sectors that also performed well included construction materials and food and beverages.
Oil stocks drove the market up, with gainers including PetroVietnam Gas JSC (GAS), PetroVietnam Technical Services Corporation (PVS) and PetroVietnam Drilling & Well Services Corporation (PVD).
Large-caps stocks also performed well, such as Vinhomes (VHM), Techcombank (TCB), Vincom Retail (VRE) and Saigon Securities Incorporate (SSI).
Afternoon trading starts at 1pm. — VNS
- VN stocks post small gains amid poor market sentiment
- TGS 2005: Blue Dragon Impressions - Characters, Environments, and More
- Blue Is the Warmest Colour – review
- Intel Redesigned Upcoming Coffee Lake Chips To Counter Spectre And Meltdown Security Exploits
- Ubisoft buy Brawlhalla makers Blue Mammoth Games
- From BioWare to Blue Bottle
- GDC 07: Blue Dragon First Impressions
- Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Hands-On - Open Beta Impressions
- Blue Protocol Is Bandai Namco's New Action RPG
- Bandai Namco has announced Blue Protocol, a new online RPG