LISBON: Lawyers for Cristiano Ronaldo said on Friday they would sue German magazine Der Spiegel after it published “blatantly illegal” accusations by an American woman who alleges she was raped by the Portuguese soccer star in 2009. Ronaldo’s lawyer Christian Schertz said in a statement the report was “an inadmissible reporting of suspicions in the area of privacy”, and that he would seek legal redress for his client from the magazine.The statement was sent to Reuters by Ronaldo’s agent Gestifute in response to a request for comment on the Der Spiegel story. Gestifute did not answer any specific questions about the content of the Der Spiegel report, which Reuters was unable to independently verify.Ronaldo is one of the biggest names in world sport. He has been named player of the year five times and transferred to Juventus from Real Madrid this summer for 100 million euros. The Italian club declined to comment on the Der Spiegel report.The magazine said the rape allegedly took place in June 2009 in a hotel room in Las Vegas, according to Leslie Mark Stovall, lawyer for the alleged victim, Kathryn Mayorga.Ronaldo and Mayorga then reached an out-of-court agreement, according to Stovall as reported in the… Read full this story
- Army apologizes after Der Spiegel publishes shocking photos of soldiers posing with corpses
- Kim Kardashian and Real Madrid soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo share a kiss in Madrid: report
- Houston lawyer sues Apple over FaceTime eavesdrop bug
- Lawyer fired for talking to reporter wants $50G in Deutsche fire suit
- Lawyers sue former police commissioner Bernard Kerik for $200,000
- Lawyer sues 'Opie and Anthony's' Jim Norton for x-rated jokes
- Lawyer sues neighbor, building management for $500K over Chihuahuas' 'yapping'
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie break up? Brangelina meet with lawyers to talk money, kids: report
- US software co CSC sues TCS for illegal use of IP
- Mistrial ruling in top federal lawyer's suit charging illegal search of Staten Island home
Ronaldo lawyers to sue Der Spiegel over 'illegal' report have 336 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 29, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.