Published 6:50 PM EDT Sep 27, 2018
LAS CRUCES – Pulitzer-prize winning photojournalist Don Bartletti, who has spent four decades documenting life along the U.S.-Mexico border, will make two appearances in Las Cruces on Wednesday, Oct. 3.
Bartletti won the Pulitzer Prize for feature photography in 2003 for his part of a series titled “Enrique’s Journey” that was published in the Los Angeles Times. It follows a Honduran boy on his journey from Central America in search of his mother in the United States.
He will give a talk titled “Product of Mexico” at 10:30 a.m. at New Mexico State University. It will take place in the theater of the Creative Media Institute in Milton Hall.
That night he will give a presentation titled “The Road Most Traveled: Causes and Consequences of Illegal Immigration” at 7 p.m. at the Rio Grande Theater, 211 N. Main St. It is sponsored by the New Mexico Humanities Council.
Bartletti retired from the Los Angeles Times in 2015. He now teaches and gives guest lectures in the United States and Mexico.
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning
- 'Sometimes being a human does take over' says Pulitzer Prize-winning Reuters photographer after Myanmar refugee assignment
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Photojournalist Michel du Cille Dies at 58
- Weinstein Stories That Sparked #MeToo Win Pulitzer Prize
- 2019 Pulitzer Prizes: Aretha Franklin Makes History With Posthumous Honor
- NY Times Hires Pulitzer Prize Winner Wesley Morris as Cultural Critic at Large
- Eugene Robinson Wins Pulitzer Prize
- Pulitzers Abound for Reporting on the Defenseless
- Masters of the Camera: Renowned African-American Photographers
- A Rollicking Night of the Pulitzers Caps the Festival America
- Viola Davis deserved to win last night, but not for supporting actress
- Photographers urge photo wire service Alamy to reconsider cutting commission down to 40 per cent
- Haiti Photos Earn Washington Post Journalists Pulitzer
- Jonathan Gold, Pulitzer-winning restaurant critic, dies
- Journalist Nikole Hannah-Jones Wins MacArthur Fellowship
- 2018 Journal of the History of Philosophy Best Article Prize Awarded
- La Baguette (and where to find the BEST baguette in Paris of 2014)
- Just about every time these brothers make a movie, it wins at Cannes
- Paris Pagodas: The Remarkable Story of La Pagode in the 7th
- Photographing the Great Depression, then and now
Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer to appear in Las Cruces have 342 words, post on eu.lcsun-news.com at September 26, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.